Careers in Construction Essay Contest
October is the national observance of Careers in Construction month. The Governor of New Mexico issued a proclamation to include our State in this event. Bixby Electric, Inc is conducting an essay activity open to children of current Bixby Electric Inc Employees to promote construction careers.
Essay topics (choose one, or include all, writers choice):
1. Describe your future plans.
2. What is your dream? Describe it. How are you going to achieve your plans?
3. Given that there is a shortage of construction workers (i.e. carpenters, electricians, welders, pipefitters, etc.) as a child of a parent involved in the construction industry, do you think you would be interested in a career in construction? Explain Why? or Why not?
4. What does construction do for America?
· Handwritten or typed, include parent employee’s name and child’s name and current grade level at the top of the page
· Child must be school age (K-12th grade)
· 1 pages in length
· Entries are due by October 25, 2018
· Email essay to Stacey.firstname.lastname@example.org or have your parent drop off a copy to Stacey’s office at work.
· Must be a child or stepchild of a current Bixby Electric, Inc employee.
Bixby Electric Inc’s Safety Committee will review and choose winning submissions from two categories:
#1- Grades K-6 - award: $50.00 gift card to Regal Cinemas (Winrock or Cottonwood)
#2- Grades 7-12th - award: $100.00 gift card to Regal Cinemas (Winrock or Cottonwood)